Step 1: Picking the Topic
I Am Rutgers seeks to provide insight into life at Rutgers-New Brunswick by introducing the reader to diverse perspectives and experiences through the eyes of both current and past students. Within this focus, the I Am Rutgers website is divided into 6 general categories: Student Spotlight, Involvement, Arts and Culture, Beauty and Lore, Exploring Majors, and Scarlet Tips. When picking a topic, aim your narrative to fit within one of these categories or their subtopics. Additionally, make sure that your topic has not already been covered by looking through the website. You may choose to submit stories, photos, videos, and/or artwork. Note: both current students and alumni of Rutgers-New Brunswick may contribute!
Step 2: Creating the Content
- Articles should be a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 1000 words (with a few exceptions). They should include at least 1 picture but no more than 6.
- Interviews should include a minimum of 4 questions and a maximum of 8 questions. Try to make them sound like a conversation rather than an interrogation. Interviews should also include several pictures of the person being featured.
- Major blurbs should be a minimum of 125 words and a maximum of 200 words. They should also include a photo of the person being featured as well as at least 1 quote.
- Photo essays should include 6-12 photos. They should also include an introductory summary consisting of a minimum of 100 words and a maximum of 200 words.
- Videos should be between 1-3 minutes long.
Note: Give credit to the photographer if it is not you.
Step 3: Proofread the Content
Make sure you have re-read your article a few times before you submit it. Try to get a few other people to read over it as well, this way you can catch any grammar or spelling mistakes that you might have missed.
Step 4: Send in a Final Draft of the Content
Fill out the form below. Do not add your pictures to your document–send them as separate attachments.
Thank you for your contribution!