Paying a visit to the Rutgers Farm on Cook Campus is an item that should be on every Rutgers student’s bucket list. It is a great place to spend a Sunday afternoon when you have some free time. Whether you’re coming from Livingston, Busch, College Avenue, or Cook/Douglass Campus, it is only a quick walk or bus ride away. It is conveniently located in front of the Food Sciences Building, there is no way you can miss it. Go with a group of friends or on your own, take a look at the beautiful scenery, and, of course, make sure to stop by the barn and see all of the animals! I Am Rutgers visited the Rutgers Farm and these are some of the things we found:
1. Past this vast field of green, the Farm is only a short walk away.
2. Just remember to read the signs posted around, and do not feed the animals!
3. We have reached our first three Rutgers Farm inhabitants:
4. If you keep walking, you will see this barn located to your right.
5. And in that barn are some hungry goats:
6. Once you leave that barn and cross the street, you will see another barn in front of you.
7. This barn contains very friendly and playful pigs…
8. And little piglets as well!
9. He insisted on a photo op.
10. The last barn you will see is the Heifer Barn.
11. No barn is complete without a barn cat.
12. We tried not to interrupt their meal.
13. But she really wanted her picture taken.
14. The three musketeers!
14. The ending of our wonderful trip to the Rutgers Farm:
Going to the Rutgers Farm is an experience all Rutgers students should have during their time here. Make sure to put your free time to great use and pay the Rutgers Farm a visit!