One of the best parts of going to Rutgers is having New York City right in your backyard. And if you’re planning on pursuing a career in arts, entertainment, fashion, finance, or really anything you can think of, New York is an intern’s and a new graduate’s playground. This past week, I had the incredible opportunity of being a PR intern at New York Fashion Week. For any budding fashion enthusiasts who are curious about the event, here are a few things you get to experience while there:
1. You get to meet a lot of the designers, especially if they’re up-and-coming. They’re usually really nice and very excited about their work.
2. You also get to casually hang out with the models.
3. You get a nifty press pass that allows you to go backstage. It also makes you feel pretty legit.
4. Backstage is the busiest place on this planet.
5.There really is as much press as you think there is.
6. But that’s probably because you might run into a celebrity or two.
7. You might even get to sit next to one because if you’re the intern handling social media for the shows, you earn a front row seat.
8. How many people can say they had a front row seat at NYFW?
9. And finally, free stuff. I’ll say it again. Free stuff.
By Ruchika Devalapalli